Saturday 31 December 2016

HNY & Christmas Exchange

clipartof.com
Happy New Year (HNY)!

horseshoe crab on beach with boat in background
On December 30th a cold front moved through dropping temps into the 60s F daytime (circa 15+ C) and 45 F (7C) at night with very low humidity; 21% the lowest I have ever seen it here (and making for dry itchy skin!!).  Funny to see people on the beach in sweaters, hoodies and for one lady wearing a blanket as a poncho. Guess you don't need to see a photo to picture this. Out comes my Autumn clothes and it is nice sleeping weather.

The surf is now breaking out on the offshore sandbar and the wind picking up.

Of course, this being Florida, the day before we had yoga on paddle boards in the Gulf right out our window.







OK, so now the homemade Christmas gifts have been received I can show them to you.

leaf bowl; pattern by Poorhouse Quilt Designs

Round Christmas bowl I designed

Roseate Spoonbill for sis a spoonbill lover

Yarn, hook & pattern for
budding crafter
And I have been busy in the past week . . .
Dahlia quilt finally out of closet for quilting
first attempt at C2C afghan with donated yarn

And best of all my Quirky Quilter Secret Santa (HS) sent me this - I love it!! And it has a poinsettia fabric backing. Beautiful!!  
Instead of a sunset, I will close with ducks on the Gulf of Mexico (salt water or sea ducks??); not something I see too often!  Happy 2017 - all best wishes!!

1 comment: