Thursday 25 September 2014

Enjoying Gray, Rain ... Oops did I go native in England?

Rain over Gulf, thunder overhead
It has been gray and rainy all week, with an occasional outburst of sun (sounds like a British weather forecast) and life sized me has been enjoying the change in weather.  Bit more of a thunder (boy does it boom overhead!) and lightening show here than across the pond.  Well it is the rainy season in Florida - duh!  And the rain often brings lovely cooling breezes albeit our low temperature has yet to drop below 76 degrees (or 24 Celsius).

We are all pleased that Scotland remains in the UK, although must say it barely made the news in the US, having been eclipsed by NFL (American football) domestic violence scandals involving high profile players and their wives / kids.

Weather has reigned in the beach activities and hence the beach stories.  There has been some unusual marine life behaviour recently -- including dolphin mating? and lethargic pelicans - guess
One in water flew in to check on his immobile mate
they ate too much fish -- and the shoreline fishing has been good.  Big debate in our home at the moment is whether we are actually seeing dolphins or porpoises - no definitive answer to date.

This pelican sat on the groin for hours with his mate stopping in twice to encourage him to go fishing - 3 hours later they flew off together - but not until mini me had called the local bird rescues thinking he was injured!

Wednesday (24 Sept) life sized me (LSM) goes to our local post office to sign for a package.  She arrives in [empty] post office and is served by two [!] counter clerks (CC).  The interaction goes like this:

LSM:  Hi, I am here to collect an item.  I received this card in my letterbox.  Do you need some ID (as the card says bring ID)?

CC:  No ID needed, you don't look like a crook.

LSM:  That's good to hear (said with feeling and relief - LOL).

CC:  Yes, I supposed it is (laughter all round).

LSM:  No idea what you have for me.

CC#2: Here's your package, it's come a long way -- from England.

LSM:  Ah, that must be from friends for my birthday.

CC:  Are you going to open it here?

LSM:  No, my birthday isn't for another 2 weeks and it's a surprise.  I have to avoid reading the customs label (as instructed by CB), must flip it over and give to my husband to hide it away.

CC:  Right (as she uses her pen to scratch out the customs declaration!), now you cannot
Surely not original contents of Yamaha parts, cannot read customs label
Mini me cannot stand the suspense!
see what it is!!  Sign for it, print your name and give us your address (all on an electronic pad) and it is yours.


TOTAL customer service I'd say (complete with humour), in a small town post office!!

The renovation continues relentlessly with surprises at every corner and tonight we found a another renovation blog bemoaning the lack of 'attention to detail' from all their contractors!!  The only comfort is knowing we are not a special case; they too had to reorder their kitchen countertop.  Whilst renovation is minor in the scheme of life, all these errors, redos, uncertain timetables is very, very wearing -- and we are not yet properly moved in, so it is impossible to settle.

Sea shipment due to come out of storage this coming Wednesday, just before sis arrives for a weekend visit.  Hurrah!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! its arrived.
    I'd say that was customer service with bells and whistles on!! - do they have "star" awards for counter clerks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop - Yamaha parts have arrived - can't believe she told you!!! It's actually an R1 (1000cc) sports bike - folded up - I know (like me) you'll be able to get your leg over - enjoy but go careful - make sure mini me holds on tight!!! Cx Ps. I also think its time you got a super duper zoom lens - your view is way to good to be messing with a point and click - remember birthday in two week and christmas is only 13 weeks away lol

    ReplyDelete