Saturday 13 September 2014

Thunder to the Left, Gorgeous Sunset to the Right

View to the Left: Rain
View to the Right: Gorgeous
Thursday:  Watching a stunning sunset (camera just doesn't do the light justice), with simultaneous lightening and thunder -- a sort of weird experience.  Here's what we could see off our balcony.


The Coastguard helicopters were just making it home as the storm rolled in after their day's rescue training ....


And inside we have a countertop perched back on our cabinets (awaiting the new one in correct size) so we could make dinner.  And do the wash!!!

Appliances here are L-A-R-G-E.  It feels like I can get 3 loads of UK wash into 1 in my American washer.  And mini me always thought the UK model was more than adequate.


British washer
With the washing going round, thought I would show you my UK and USA machines.  And boy does my USA one have a personality - I have named him TED (total electronic device) as he has little bells to signal start/end of wash, and "speaks" -- perhaps I should say grunts -- early on in the cycle as he 'load balances' and gets himself all set up.  Then he washes quietly until end of cycle when TED sings out again with a chime to tell me time to dry.  The dryer is of similar size and should be named TEDette (she speaks too).
American:  TED



Motto of the week:   It is just bricks and mortar.  And dust does eventually wash away ...

1 comment: